I hope you and those close to your heart are safe and well.
Our season is progressing nicely and it’s fantastic to see so many people out and about and enjoying themselves at the Pat Gallagher Centre.
The current state of the COVID 19 outbreak in Melbourne is a timely reminder to us all. This pandemic is not over, its only just begun! The virus has not been eradicated, It is still in the community.
If we want to continue to enjoy the freedoms that we currently have in the Territory, we must not be complacent.
Please remember to follow the ‘COVID 19 principles for a resumption of sport’. They are Personal and Community Responsibility, Physical Distancing and Hygiene.
- Take responsibility to follow the rules and do the right thing.
- Do not come to netball if you are feeling unwell or have flu like symptoms. If children are ill, please do not bring them to the netball centre.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metres physical distance when you can. If you cannot, try to keep contact to less than 15 minutes.
- Avoid touching your face and cough and sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser.
- Avoid sharing drink containers.
- Follow the instructions of the ASNA officials.
Good and disciplined management throughout the Territory has kept us relatively safe to date. Let us keep it that way.
Play well, play fair.
John Gaynor President. Alice Springs Netball Association